Do you want to know how to reboot your decoder? If you experience any of the following problems; unresponsive decoder, frozen picture, no audio or video, missing channels, incorrect channel order, or no programming information, then try this article is for you.
If you are a DStv user, then I hope you find this article very important as you will easily learn how to reboot a DStv decoder.
It is also important that anyone can learn how to boot and reboot a DStv decoder as it does not require any special skill, and the processes involved are quite straightforward.
However, without much further ado, let’s jump straight into the topic for today.
Requirements For Booting Your DSTV Decoder
First and foremost, before you can boot your DStv decoder, you must have the below requirements available, and they include;
- Availability of electric source/power supply to carry out the booting process.
- You must have access to your DStv remote.
- You must have access to your DStv receiver power cable.
- You must have a well-fixed and connected DStv receiver power cable to your tv set.
How To Boot And Switch On Your DSTV Decoder
Now that you have all the requirements to reboot your DStv decoder, the next thing to know is how to boot and switch on your DStv decoder.
However, below is a step-by-step guide on how to boot and switch on your DStv decoder.
- The first step solution is simply to switch the decoder off of the plug, wait a few seconds, then switch it on again, and your decoder will do the rest.
- Make sure your DStv decoder is well connected to your TV set.
- Now that everything is in place, you can switch on your TV.
- if you have an HD PVR decoder, press the reset button on the front of the decoder, or if you have a DSTV Explorer, simply press and hold the standby button on the remote remember to keep your smart card inserted throughout the reboot process or the decoder will be unable to reboot promptly
- You will then have to wait a little while until you see a screen pop up on your TV showing you that the booting process has started.
- This takes only a few minutes, and after the booting process must have been completed, your DStv channels begin to show.
Now that you know how to boot and switch your DStv decoder, let’s also discuss how to reboot your DStv decoder.
How To Reboot Your DSTV Decoder
Below is a step-by-step guide to follow when rebooting your DStv decoder.
- First and foremost, check to see if the red light indicator on your receiver is on.
- If it is not on, you must plug in your DStv receiver-powered cable properly to ensure it works.
- Once you are done with that, grab your Dstv remote.
- Locate the power button on your DStv remote, which is usually found at the top of it.
- Then go on to press the power button.
- Switch on your TV set.
- Now, you can carefully select the right source for your Dstv.
- As easy as it is, this is how to restart your DStv decoder within a few minutes without help from anyone.
You may want to know what to do if your decoder can’t switch on or reboot.
Below we shall discuss that and the step-by-step processes you should follow if anything such happens to you.
What Do I Do If My Decoder Can’t Switch On Or Refuses To Reboot
Follow the step-by-step processes if your DStv decoder can’t switch on or refuses to reboot.
- First of all, you have to check to find out if there is an availability of power supply.
- Try disconnecting your DStv receiver-powered cable from the socket where it is plugged initially and connecting another device to the same socket to see if it’s working.
- If nothing seems wrong with the socket, you must change your DStv decoder power cable and ensure it’s the right voltage.
- But if the problem persists, then you must visit the nearest Dstv office for repairs.
This is what to do if your DStv decoder refuses to reboot. You should consult the help of a nearby DStv office for repairs to sort the problem as quickly as possible.
Well, that wraps up our guide on how to reboot your DStv decoders. We hope that you have enjoyed reading it and found it useful.
If this is the case, feel free to share it with others who might be having trouble with their decoders so that we can reach more people and continue to write about popular queries like this one.
If you continue to experience this problem after completing all of the steps above, please contact your local technician. They should be able to help you with any queries you might have. That is why they are there.