Sammie Okposo is a gospel singer, producer, psalmist, and entertainment consultant who is the Chief Executive Officer of Zamar Entertainment. He has won multiple awards for his work in these fields.
|Full Name||Sammie Okposo|
|Parents (Father)||Pastor Paul Adefarasan|
|Date Of Birth||May 30th, 1971|
|Age||51 years old (Died)|
|State Of Origin||Delta State|
|Wife||Ozioma Sammie Okposo|
|Occupation||Gospel Singer, Psalmist|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
Sammie Okposo Biography
Sammie Okposo was born in Lagos, Nigeria, on May 30, 1971; he died on November 25, 2022, at age 51. He is known as a gospel artist who has released many hit singles.
He’s a talented Gospel singer with a lot of experience and originality, and he’s well-known for his songs. In the world of entertainment and music, he enjoys widespread renown.
Sammie Okposo Wife
Sammie Okposo married his wife, Ozioma Sammie Okposo, on July 1, 2010. The couple had dated for around three years before getting engaged. He said that she was a very understanding and patient person.
In addition, she is the younger sister of Kene Mkparu, who hails from Okpuno in Otolo. She is the CEO of Film House and Film One, Nigeria’s top cinema.
The couple had been subject to much public scrutiny due to accusations that Sammie had cheated on his girlfriend. In response, he apologized for his actions on Instagram. African Doll, a girl he was rumored to have impregnated and abandoned, accused him of being unfaithful.
After the issue, their relationship seemed to have weakened, but several months later, he passed away on November 25, 2022, after slumping while going downstairs.
Sammie Okposo Family
Sammie Okposo has been linked to different women in the past before marrying Ozioma Sammie Okposo. They did not plan to expand their family by having children, but they ended up having a daughter and two sons.
He has a young daughter with Gloria Ibru, namely Alula Okposo. Aside from this, he does not seem to have any children.
While he was accused of impregnating and abandoning African Doll, the child’s whereabouts have not been mentioned. As he is no longer alive, the close one related to him may be in his final rites mourning the loss.
Sammie Okposo Age
Sammies Okposo was born on May 30th, 1971 (51 years old); he died on 25 November 2022, at the age of 51.
Sammie Okposo Career
Sammie is the founder, president, and chief executive officer of Zamar Entertainment and a psalmist and gospel singer. He began his career as a producer in the Nigerian movie industry in 1992. He later expanded into music production.
In 2000, he released his debut album titled “Unconditional Love,” which included the hit single “Welu-Welu.” As a result of this song’s popularity, he became one of the most successful musicians in the industry.
In addition to winning multiple international awards for gospel music in Nigeria, Sammie has also shared the stage with such notable artists as Donnie McClurkin, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Israel Houghton, Deitrick Haddon, Jonathan Nelson, Micah Stampley, and Maxi Priest.
He has performed in many notable events, including the celebration of Martin Luther King Day and Independence Day on July 4th.
After ten years as an Ambassador for Peace for the United Nations, he is now serving as an Ambassador for GLO.
Sammie Okposo Awards
Sammie Okposo bagged several awards before he died, which are listed below:
- 2013 – Artiste of the year at the Crystal Awards, Nigeria
- 2013 – Album of the year (The Statement) Crystal Awards, Nigeria
- 2012 – Grass root ambassador of the year (Real Soccerfest and CAN)
- 2012 – Trailblazer award (African Gospel Music Awards U.K)
- 2012- Best male Christian artiste (Pastor Bimbo Odukoya foundation awards)
- 2012- Positive impact awards (Inside Out media awards)
- 2011- Best music video producer (Nigerian Music Video Awards)
- 2010- God zone award for excellence in entertainment (GOD ZONE Awards)
- 2008 – Best contemporary Gospel Artiste (Nigerian Music Awards)
- 2008 – Best Gospel Video (Nigerian Music Video Awards)
- 2007- Gospel artist of the year (Nigeria Entertainment Awards, New York)
- 2005/2006 – Best Male Gospel Artist in Africa (Kora Awards, South Africa)
- 2006 – Best Sound and Music Score – Amazing Grace (Nigeria Movie Awards)
- 2006 – Gospel Artist of the year (Nigeria Music Awards)
- 2006 – Best Gospel Artiste in English (Afro Hollywood Awards UK)
- 2005 – Artist of the year (Teen Choice Awards)
- 2005 – Best Remix Album (CNA Awards)
- 2005 – Best Male contemporary gospel Artiste in Nigeria (Amen Awards)
- 2003 – Best Male Gospel Artiste in Africa Nominee (Kora Awards, South Africa)
- 2002 – Gospel Artiste of the year (Power of Music and Praise Awards)
- 2002 – Best contemporary gospel Artiste (Power of Music and Praise Awards)
- 2001 – Best Gospel Artiste Amen Awards, Nigeria
- 2000 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1999 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1998 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1997 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1994 – Most Promising Male Artiste (Fame Music Awards)
Sammie Okposo Networth
Sammie Okposo, a popular musician, and actor, has a total net worth of $ 1.5 million. He makes his money from music across all streaming platforms, and endorsement deals with brands.
Sammie Okposo Cause Of Death
On the 25th of November, 2022, Sammie Okposo died after slumping at an event. At the beginning of this year, he made headlines after publicly apologizing to his wife, Ozioma, for having an affair with another woman in the United States.
The singer expressed his regret over the incident in a letter posted on Instagram, which he also shared with the public. He stated that it took place in 2021 and that as a result of recent events, he has decided to step away from his work as a minister until he has “full restoration.”
Regarding the passing of our beloved Sammie Okposo, though there is no sufficient evidence on how he died, fans and friends should always remember him as a great musician who gave his best during his short career and let his virile spirit live on.